Dermatologists’ Top Tips for Treating Dry Skin
The problem of dry skin becomes worse when the humidity drops, especially in the winter. Failing to maintain your moist and healthy skin in that kind of condition can lead to the situation where dry skin can make fine lines and wrinkles, can flake, crack and even bleed.
To prevent this, dermatologists recommend the followings.
(1) When you take a bath or shower,
– Use warm rather than hot water
– Limit your time in the shower or bath to
5 or 10 minutes
– Use only gentle and fragrance-free cleanser
– Avoid using so much cleanser
– Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
– Use moisturizer immediately after bath
(2) Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying off after a shower or bath, or washing your face. If it is not within a few minutes, water will be lost and your skin will be tense and damaged.
(3) For their property of maintaining water for a long period of time, ointment and cream are very suited for the ones with dry skin. Lotions are watery and not the good option.
(4) Don’t forget for your hands because dry hands are not uncommon. Skin can crack and so, use hand cream for your hands.
(5) Lips are also not to be ignored. You can use fragrance and color free ointments for dry lips.
(6) The important thing is to use the skin care products that are only meant for the dry skin. The reason is that you may have various side effects if you use the products designed for other types of skin. Most importantly, avoid the smelly products and those with alcohol.
(7) You must wear gloves when you notice your hands are dry, go outdoors in winter, perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet and get chemicals on your hands.
(8) Choose non-irritating clothes and hypoallergenic laundry detergent.
(9) In winter, plug in a humidifier. Finding the best suited skin care product is very challenging for the ones with dry skin. A perfect brand for your skin care for all phases is even more difficult to be found. You may have the conditions like using the brands that are not suitable for your skin, and switching the brands while searching for the best.
25 thoughts on “Tips for Treating Dry Skin”
It’s very useful for me .Thank you
Produts with good smell are not good for dry skin. Good to knoe though I don’t have that skin type. Next time please do about oily skin.
Thanks a lot for sharing this article with very useful tips…
Nice tips for coming season
Thank for sharing
So useful in real life.
Yes,very useful in real life
Thanks for sharing
Please upload more
i like this web
I’m not sure why but this website is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
Can share about the treatment of eye dark circle?
love skin care
Thanks for sharing.
Useful article for me.
So useful in real life.